WikiQueer:Requests for comment/User conduct/Assistance/Beginning
- This is a venue where established users can help parties create an RfC/U, and ensure that applicable rules and guidelines are being properly followed up until it is closed.
- Input will only be provided in terms of how to present the RfC/U and ensuring rules and guidelines are followed within the RfC/U.
- Remember that this is NOT a venue for mediating disputes that exist outside of RfC/U, or for imposing blocks, bans or binding disciplinary measures for actions taken outside of RfC/U.
- Keep in mind that RfC/U is a non-binding, informal process, and can:
- Allow a number of users to collaborate in discussing wider issues they see with a particular editor's behavior
- Allow an editor who is the subject of an RFC/U to understand the problems, and change or explain their behavior.
- Allow users to share information which might be relevant for later steps in the dispute resolution process, should that become necessary.
- Generally, see also the dispute resolution process and the helpful advice found here.
 Instructions for posting
Before posting, ensure that you have read WikiQueer:Requests for comment/User conduct/Guidance.
This page is not formally monitored; all helpers are volunteers and it may take some time to receive a response. If the circumstances change since your original posting (or you have reported it elsewhere) then please update your alert accordingly.
How to post:
- Be sure to post at the bottom of the page — Click here to start a new section
- A simple explanation of the issue/doubt is sufficient, unless another editor requests for more clarity. Note down any involved editors and parties, as well as the page(s) potentially affected, such as a link to your RFC/U or draft RFC/U (see WikiQueer:Requests for comment/User conduct/Guidance#Preparation on how to make a draft). When referring to actions that have been taken on already-created pages, please use diffs. (A guide to creating diffs is here).
- Remember to describe the problem or issue as neutrally as possible. Avoid emotional content that could lead to unnecessary escalation or continuance of the dispute on this page, both of which are to be avoided.
- Be sure to sign your post by using ~~~~ or the signature button in the edit bar.