WikiQueer:Manual of Style/Contents
This page lists the pages which make up the WikiQueer Manual of Style. It includes only current guidelines, not proposals or historical pages, nor pages that now redirect outside the manual of style.
 Article content
- WikiQueer:Manual of Style (WQ:MOS, WQ:STYLE)
- The main page of the Manual of Style. It contains general remarks, summaries of the guidance to be found on certain other MoS pages, and fully detailed guidance on certain topics:
- How to deal with national varieties of English (MOS:ENGVAR)
- Language for section headings (MOS:HEAD)
- How to format quotations (MOS:QUOTE)
- The preferred usage of punctuation (MOS:PUNCT), the largest section specific to the main Manual of Style page
- Miscellaneous grammatical issues including the writing of possessives, use of pronouns, the ampersand (MOS:&), collective plurals (MOS:PLURALS), and general guidelines for dealing with foreign words and languages.
- Usage of images (MOS:IMAGES).
- WikiQueer:Manual of Style/Abbreviations (MOS:ABBR)
- Use of periods, disambiguation, and which abbreviations need and need not be spelled out first.
- WikiQueer:Manual of Style/Accessibility (MOS:ACCESS)
- Details recommended editing practices for best web accessibility of WikiQueer.
- WikiQueer:Manual of Style/Capital letters (MOS:CAPS)
- When and when not to used capitals, including all-caps (MOS:ALLCAPS).
- WikiQueer:Manual of Style/Captions (WQ:CAPTION)
- Best practices for writing and formatting image captions.
- WikiQueer:Manual of Style/Dates and numbers (MOS:NUM)
- Covers time and date formatting, including seasons (MOS:TIME), recommendations for numbers and theirs notation, which units to use and how to format and abbreviate them (MOS:UNITS), dealing with currencies (MOS:CURRENCY) and geographical coordinates (MOS:COORDS).
- WikiQueer:Manual of Style/Embedded lists (WQ:EMBED)
- When to and not to use a list instead of prose within an article.
- WikiQueer:Manual of Style/Icons (MOS:ICON)
- On the use of small images within text.
- WikiQueer:Manual of Style/Layout (MOS:LAYOUT)
- Ordering of content within articles, structures of standard appendices (MOS:APPENDIX).
- WikiQueer:Manual of Style/Lead section (MOS:LEAD)
- Everything about the article opener, including the guidance on bolding the subject's name (MOS:BOLDTITLE)
- WikiQueer:Manual of Style/Linking (MOS:LINKS)
- Everything about the best use of wikilinks.
- WikiQueer:Manual of Style/Lists (MOS:LISTS)
- How and when to use lists on WikiQueer.
- WikiQueer:Manual of Style/Lists of works (MOS:WORKS)
- Presenting a list of works by the article's subject.
- WikiQueer:Manual of Style/Pronunciation (MOS:PRON)
- How to introduce pronunciation data in the International Phonetic Alphabet.
- WikiQueer:Manual of Style/Proper names (MOS:PN)
- Details how WikiQueer:Article titles applies within the text of articles.
- WikiQueer:Manual of Style/Self-references to avoid (MOS:SELF)
- How to deal, amongst others, with mentioning WikiQueer itself, or the fact the article is a webpage.
- WikiQueer:Manual of Style/Spelling (MOS:SPELLING)
- Not a guideline per se, but a handy guide to national varieties of English.
- WikiQueer:Manual of Style/Stand-alone lists (WQ:STANDALONE)
- Goes into greater details than MOS:LISTS.
- WikiQueer:Manual of Style/Summary style (MOS:SUMMARY)
- What happens when a section becomes an article.
- WikiQueer:Manual of Style/Tables (WQ:TABLES)
- The use and formatting of wikitables.
- WikiQueer:Manual of Style/Text formatting (MOS:TEXT)
- The use of bold (MOS:BOLD), italics (MOS:ITALICS), and font size (MOS:FONTSIZE) are all discussed here.
- WikiQueer:Manual of Style/Trademarks (MOS:TM)
- Dealing with the idiosyncratic formatting of many trademarks.
- WikiQueer:Manual of Style/Words to watch (MOS:WTW)
- Techniques for recognizing and dealing with puffery (MOS:PUFF), charged words (MOS:LABEL and MOS:CLAIM), weasel and doubtful words (MOS:WEASEL and MOS:ALLEGED), editorializing (MOS:EDITORIAL), euphemisms (MOS:EUPHEMISM), clichés (MOS:CLICHE) and rapidly dated expressions (MOS:RELTIME) are all to be found here.
 Items outside article text
- WikiQueer:Manual of Style/Article message boxes (WQ:AMBOX)
- Legacy page describing the styling of these banner templates.
- WikiQueer:Manual of Style/Disambiguation pages (MOS:DAB)
- What to include, how to format it and in which order.
- WikiQueer:Manual of Style/Infoboxes (WQ:IBX)
- Design of infobox templates.
- WikiQueer:Manual of Style/WikiQueer books (WQ:MOSBOOKS)
- The styling of books.
 Topic- and culture-specific guidelines
These usually originated as project guidelines, and typically cover all of terminology, layout, conventions and formatting related to the topic at hand.
- WikiQueer:Manual of Style/Biographies (MOS:BIO)
- How to deal with all the parts of the name, including post-nominal letters (MOS:INITIALS) and honorifics (MOS:HONORIFIC).
- WikiQueer:Manual of Style/Film (MOS:FILM)
- WikiQueer:Manual of Style/Legal (MOS:LEGAL)
- WikiQueer:Manual of Style/Medicine-related articles (MOS:MED)
- WikiQueer:Manual of Style/Military history (MOS:MILHIST)
- WikiQueer:Manual of Style/Music (MOS:MUSIC)
- Also covers musical notation (in text and images), and use of italics for classical music works
- WikiQueer:Manual of Style/Novels (WQ:NOVELS)
- WikiQueer:Manual of Style/Television (MOS:TV)
- Covers television series, seasons and episodes.
- WikiQueer:Manual of Style/Titles (MOS:TITLE)
- All about the use of italics or quotation marks for titles of works.
- WikiQueer:Manual of Style/Visual arts (MOS:VA)
- WikiQueer:Manual of Style/Writing about fiction (MOS:FICTION)
- How to keep the right perspective, source and present in-universe information and similar aspects of writing about fiction.
 Country- and language-specific
A number of proposed or inactive guidelines exist, but they are not listed here; in many cases (amongst others those for Korean, Chinese and Hebrew), most issues are instead covered by naming conventions.
- WikiQueer:Manual of Style/Canada-related articles (MOS:CA)
- Covers mostly disambiguation, French names and sourcing population data.
- WikiQueer:Manual of Style/France & French-related (MOS:FR)
- Accents and their effects on sorting, capitalization of works, noble titles.
- WikiQueer:Manual of Style/Hawaii-related articles (MOS:HAWAII)
- Capitalization and use of Hawaiian diacritics.
- WikiQueer:Manual of Style/Ireland-related articles (MOS:IE)
- Historical issues, Irish vs. English, reference to counties
- WikiQueer:Manual of Style/Islam-related articles (MOS:ISLAM)
- Transliteration and terminology, religious text references
- WikiQueer:Manual of Style/Japan-related articles (MOS:JP)
- Mostly issues of romanization and plural, but also terminology, addresses and related matters
- WikiQueer:Manual of Style/Philippine-related articles (MOS:PHIL)
- Choice of ethnonym, use of diacritics, disambiguation, name of subdivisions
- WikiQueer:Manual of Style/Poland-related articles (MOS:PL)
- Terminology, pronunciation, and spelling
- WikiQueer:Manual of Style/Singapore-related articles (MOS:SG)
- Mostly covers names of people
 Other relevant pages
The following pages are not part of the Manual of Style, but contain related guidance.
- WikiQueer:Article titles WQ:AT
- Principles for choosing the titles of articles. Contains links to many topic-related naming convention pages.
- WikiQueer:Citing sources WQ:CITE
- Guidance on organizing and formatting references.