From WikiQueer, the free encyclopedia and resource for the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, questioning, queer, and ally communities
This page answers some questions related to Administrators on WikiQueer.
See also: WikiQueer:Administrators, WikiQueer:Formal organization
 How do policies get decided?
- WikiQueer:Policies and guidelines describes how WikiQueer arrives at its policies and guidelines through a process of discussion and consensus. Discussion takes place in the various policy pages which form part of the "WikiQueer:" namespace. Sometimes policy is discussed off-wiki, but decisions always take place on-wiki.
 What is an administrator? What is a sysop?
- Two words for the same thing. An administrator is simply a WikiQueerian who can access the few restricted WikiQueer software functions: deleting articles and uploaded files, protecting and unprotecting pages, and blocking and unblocking users or IP addresses. The software internally uses the string "sysop" to flag their accounts, perhaps one reason that term is used. "Sysop" is simply a shortened term for system operator. They tend to be friendly folks who are willing to help you, if you post on their "talk page". See the current list of administrators.
 How can I become an administrator?
- First, you need a user account. Then, make useful edits over a period of time. In this way, you prove to the community that you are here in good faith. Read WikiQueer:Guide to requests for adminship. If you feel you meet the standards set out there, you can add your name to WikiQueer:Requests for adminship, in accordance with the nomination process. If the community agrees that you're what they want in an admin, then, voila! Be sure to read administrators' reading list, WikiQueer:Administrators, deletion policy, protection policy, and blocking policy, and use your new "powers" with caution.
 Who monitors the conduct of an administrator?
- Administrators monitor each other; nearly all admin powers are completely reversible by any other admin (including page deletions, lockings, and IP bannings). The Arbitration Committee also has the power to discipline administrators, and has done so in several cases. In a truly rare case the Wikimedia Board of Trustees could step in. You can report problems with admins misusing their privileges at WikiQueer:Administrators' noticeboard/Incidents.
 How can I unban an IP?
- Only administrators can unblock IP addresses. Developers can unblock multiple IPs at once. To request that an IP address be unblocked, see WikiQueer:Appealing a block and follow the instructions there.
 How can I request for an admin to block a user or IP?
- You can request for an administrator to block a user or IP that is blatantly vandalising at WQ:AIV (see requirements on that page). More complex cases can be presented at WQ:AN/I.