|Tips for dispute resolution|
request · guide · policy)
request · policy · enforcement)
|Guide to arbitration|
|About the Committee|
|Rules & procedures|
|History / Elections|
|Ban Appeals (BASC)|
|About the Clerks|
|Archive of proceedings|
The arbitration process within the WikiQueer community exists to impose binding solutions to WikiQueer disputes that neither communal discussion, administrators, bureaucrats, nor mediation have been able to resolve. Arbitration matters are handled by a panel of experienced users, the Arbitration Committee. As well as hearing disputes, the Committee also handles issues where exceptional factors such as privacy may preclude public consideration. The Committee has considerable autonomy to address such issues, within the broad scope of Arbitration Policy.
- Case acceptance
The Committee accepts cases related to editors' conduct (including improper editing) where all other routes to agreement have failed, and makes rulings to address problems in the editorial community. However it will not make editorial statements or decisions about how articles should read ("content decisions"), and users should not ask the Committee to make these kinds of decisions, as it will not do so.
Arbitration is the last step in the dispute resolution process: it is a last resort, only to be employed when all else has failed or there is very good cause to believe they will not help. Try other steps first, including discussion between disputants and, where appropriate, mediation. The Arbitration Committee only deals with the most serious, entrenched, or persistent disputes and cases of rule-breaking, where all other reasonable means have failed.
- Requesting arbitration
To request that a dispute be arbitrated, see the arbitration request page.
Requests for Arbitration can also be used to present questions and requests related to previous closed cases. These include clarification of the intent and scope of a decision, appeals of past sanctions, and requests to amend remedies and enforcement measures.
- Cases lacking prior dispute resolution
The Committee will generally accept these types of cases without any previous formal dispute resolution measures being followed:
- Reviews of emergency actions to remove administrator privileges
- Unusually divisive disputes among administrators
- Matters directly referred to the Arbitration Committee by The Aequalitas Project
- Further information
For information about requesting Arbitration, and how cases are accepted and dealt with, please see WikiQueer:Arbitration guide, which contains important information. You may also wish to review the following:
- Arbitration enforcement noticeboard – Request help here if it involves the violation of a Committee decision
- Arbitration Committee noticeboard - for general announcements related to the Arbitration process
- Administrator enforcement requested – Summary of cases and remedies which are currently in force
- Case archives — closed cases, rejected requests, and closed motions (without an RFAR case)
- List of arbitrators: WQ:AC